We are looking for an English speaking Investment Associate to join our remote team. The position starts as soon as possible and is a full-time position. The exact dates can be agreed separately.
As an Investment Associate, you will be working as part of our investment team on topics such as:
- sourcing, analysing, and negotiating new investment opportunities
- building and developing investment processes
- developing our portfolio companies together with the investment team
Finding and developing attractive venture businesses is not easy.
Venture investing is a competitive environment where many firms are trying to find the "next 🦄"". Our approach is heavily focused on sourcing and venture development, where the Associates are constantly finding the best ways to make the deal and solving the founder's problems. In addition to a hybrid role between sourcing and venture development, you will be involved in deal closing and negotiation.
#1 Task - Support deal sourcing and close the next investment opportunities:
There are over 10 000 new software-driven companies founded per year in Finland, Sweden, and Estonia, of 20 which we aim to invest in on a yearly basis. You will working with our Analysts on a daily basis, speaking with founders as much as possible, and take part in the deal negotiation.
Lead and develop investment processes:
Icebreaker.vc's investment process is built in a semi-automatic way, which makes us one of the most efficient, fastest, and precise investors in our region. You will be an integral part of making it even better, and making sure that every new investment gets done properly.
Be involved in venture development:
Sourcing and deal closing is one part of our work, but the actual value-add is in the venture development. You will help the founders in building the next category defining businesses, and solving their real-world problems.
This is an ideal position if you:
- Are genuinely interested in figuring out what makes a successful tech startup
- Are genuinely interested in finding the next category-defining company
- Are an ultimate team player
- Want to help entrepreneurs win
Contact Rasmus Klärck through LinkedIn or at email@example.com.
- +2-5 years of work experience. Startups, entrepreneurship, management/tech consulting, or investment banking is seen as a plus
- Experience from building, running, and managing specific processes
- Familiar with process management software (e.g. Pipedrive, Zapier, G Suite, Notion...)
- Strong self-leadership, team working & social skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English. Finnish, Swedish and Estonian are a plus
- +- 1 time zone difference from Helsinki
- (Strong network in Finland, Sweden, and/or Estonia is a huge plus)
We offer you:
- An interesting and rewarding job with cool colleagues and innovative growth companies
- An opportunity for a fast personal and career development
- Excellent networking opportunities with tech founders
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent office spaces in Helsinki, Stockholm, and Tallinn
- A competitive salary